Backpackers and campers should be aware that you should not park overnight on county highway shoulders. If you do, your car will be towed away.
There are many places to park off the roadway which are available to hikers who need to park overnight:
- The Chippewa Moraine Visitor Center on Hwy M
- Circle Trail parking on Hwy M west of the visitor center
- Rattlesnake Hill lot, on 260th Ave between Town Line Road and Plummer Lake Road
- Hwy E, near Camp Nawakwa, by pulling far off the highway shoulder
- Hwy CC at the Ice Age Trailhead parking lot
- Hwy CC at the Perch Lake Fisherman’s parking lot