Ice Age Trail Dispatch
First Aid/CPR Training, March 10
The biannual First Aid/CPR class is ready to roll on Saturday morning, March 10. Our thanks to the members who either attend this class, or keep up their CPR and First Aid certification via other avenues, as their collective knowledge and skills silently help make everything we do go smoothly. It's an big investment of their time to make our activities safer for everyone who participates.
March Chapter Meeting Reminder: Monday, March 19
As we enjoy the warm-up of spring, our thoughts inevitably turn toward getting outside, getting in the woods and on the trail, and of course, our spring trail agenda. We'll lay the groundwork at our March meeting for the various workdays, hikes, and conferences coming up this spring. Although it's hard to believe, those dates will be upon us in an eye blink.
As ususal, our meeting will begin at 6 PM at the Chippewa Falls Library, on Central at Bay St, in downtown Chippewa Falls. Here's a map.
Keep up-to-date with Ice Age Trail events by checking out the chapter calendar on the Ice Age Trail web site any time. And mark YOUR calendar so you don't miss your favorites!
- March 10 - First Aid / CPR Training
- March 19 - Chapter Meeting
- April 21 - Trail Improvement Day (with UW-EC students as special participants!)
- April 26-29 - IATA Annual Conference
- April 28 - Chippewa 50 Trail Run
- April 27-29 - IATA Exhibit at Outdoor Adventure Expo in Minneapolis (Our crew staffs on Sunday)
- May 4 - School Service Day, with special participants, Cameron Middle School students
- May 6 - First Sunday Hike of the season
- May 12 - Trail Improvement Day
Mark YOUR calendar so you don't miss your favorites! We look forward to seeing you at one or more of these opportunities.
Where To Find Information
Here's where to look for IAT and IATA information:
IATA Information: http://iceagetrail.org/home
Calendar of Chapter and Alliance Events: http://chippewamoraine.iceagetrail.org/chapter-events
Chippewa Mammoth Trackers (informal hike announcements): http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MammothTracker
Hiking the trail: www.iceagetrail.org (check the options under the "Hike the IAT" tab). For Chippewa County: http://chippewamoraine.iceagetrail.org/hike-the-chapter
National Park Service Information about the Ice Age Trail: www.nps.gov/iatr/index.htm