In this edition:
• Parade of Colors Fall Hike Sets Records
• Trail Improvement Day – Sat., Oct. 11
• Regional Meeting – Saturday, Nov. 1
• Sierra Club Hike – Saturday, Nov. 1
October: The Colors Are Spectacular
The maples are peaking and the color is spectacular along the trail right now. Don't miss it. The weather looks great through Saturday. When they're gone, they're gone.
Parade of Colors Fall Hike Sets Record
Our hike this year was extremely successful. If you weren't there you missed a terrific day. Color, temps, food, trail, camaraderie--all tops. Thanks to a great group of volunteers who put together a wonderful lunch, provided shuttle services, or greeted and directed traffic.
• A record 151 hikers registered. We suspect a few that came on the bus overlooked registering and were not counted.
• 16 volunteers made it all hum sweetly.
• Contributions exceeded $500, and additional merchandise was purchased.
• Thanks also to good coverage in the Chippewa Herald, Leader-Telegram, Chetek Alert, and other papers.
• Post event coverage on TV-18 and the Chetek Alert also extended the story of the trail.
• The IAPTF's "Fall Into The Future" participants were very pleased and impressed with our event.
Check out the photo album.
A Chance to Improve The Trail: Saturday, Oct. 11
While we've all earned a well-deserved rest after last weekend, the great weather promised for this Saturday just beckons us to come and enjoy the trail while doing some light cleanup. If you are up for a purposeful hike, come along with us! It's extremely important that you contact us if you plan to come.
Meet at 9:30 AM at the Chippewa Moraine Visitor Center, and we’ll take off from there. Bring a lunch and water, wear boots and long pants and bring work gloves. We’ll provide all the tools you need.
If there is insufficient interest, we'll reschedule.
Regional Meeting Planned for Saturday, Nov. 1
Regional coordinator Randy Myren has planned a gathering of chapter members, leaders, and anyone interested in the trail for Saturday Nov. 1 from 10 AM to 2 PM in Rice Lake. The gathering will feature some information sharing between the chapters, a potluck lunch, and a chance to learn about what's going on in the IAPTF. Our chapter's assignment is to bring salads and bread.
If you are interested in attending, we'd like to arrange car-pooling as well as know what food item you plan to bring. Please email your plans before Oct. 13. More information (location, etc.) is here.
Sierra Club Hike, Saturday, Nov. 1
The Chippewa Valley Sierra Club started hiking on the IAT on the first Saturday in November over two decades ago. It turns out this is frequently a great Indian Summer day, and a great opportunity to see glacial landscapes unencumbered by foliage. Gather first at the Bohemian Ovens and Bakery in Bloomer. For more information, contact Steve White: 715-720-8890 or firstname.lastname@example.org.